Am I seriously 4 weeks behind?! Oops! Time flies I guess. I did post during this week, it was the day I was having contractions. That was an exciting day! Did i post that Dillon came home and nested? It was hilarious..he went crazy cleaning the kitchen! yay for him. i'm dying for my nesting to kick in...my brain is going crazy saying clean clean clean..my body..not so much. My hips continued to be really sore this week. They were last week too when i went to my appt she commented that it was pretty early for my hips/ligaments to be stretching out but no biggie. We started NST's this week, which was really cool. We (well usually just me) sit and listen to the HB for at least 20 mins, once they get 5 accelerations in the HB they fax the report to Dr Phelps and then I get the all clear. The whole process usually takes an hour to an hour and a half. It's great time for me to relax and put my feet up! I should also point out that I started feeling MUCH better as far as my BP goes, the med increase REALLY helped!
here is this weeks info--
Your Baby
The big news this week is lung development—baby's respiratory system is almost completely mature. That means if your baby was born this week, odds are he'd be a healthy bouncing baby with a just a little help from his friends (aka, the NICU). Some of the specifics are:
Your baby can now detect light and tell the difference between night and day (of course that ability will miraculously disappear once he's born and up all night screaming). His pupils will constrict and dilate in response to light. If you shine a flashlight on your belly, your baby may shy away from the light as if to say, "Cut it out, Ma. You're soooo annoying."
The bones in your baby's skull are soft and are not yet fused together. In other words, now is not the time to teach him how to do a headspin while breakdancing. This pliability allows the bones to overlap; making that trip down the tight birth canal possible (and resulting in that surprising cone head look your baby will sport for the first few days post-birth. Don't worry, it's totally normal and that's what hats are for.)
Your baby will continue to pack on the pounds gaining around ½ pound a week from here on out.
Your baby weighs about 4½ pounds, as much as a grownup duck, and is approximately 17.5 inches long, about the same as a collarbone-length pearl necklace. (Did somebody say push present?)
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment